[Gnu-arch-users] How to ignore a subdirectory

From: John Seifarth
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] How to ignore a subdirectory
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:39:59 +0100

I'm using arch to manage the files making up a Web site written in PHP.

Within the document root, in addition to the files that should be treated as source by arch, are one or more subdirectories whose contents arch shouldn't care about.

So how do I convince arch to ignore a subdirectory within a source tree?

If I just try to ignore it, all tla commands like 'tla what-changed' simply result in tla complaining that I'm 'missing explicit id for file (try tree-lint)'.

I don't want to add the directory, because then I'd have to add each file under that subbranch, and these files are not source files, they're dynamically generated by the application.

If I can't ignore the subdirectory containing these files, it makes it impossible for me to edit source files and use tla tools while testing.

I must be missing something obvious here but I really can't see it.
John Seifarth                               http://www.waw.be/waw/
Words & Wires SPRL                                    address@hidden
Computer Consulting & Language Services   Voice: (+) 32-2-660-3943
1160 Brussels, Belgium                      Fax: (+) 32-2-675-3922