Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [RFC] Naming conventions

From: Samium Gromoff
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [RFC] Naming conventions
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:15:52 +0300

At Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:06:55 -0500,
Clark McGrew wrote:
> Hello Samium,
>
> I'm not exactly sure what you want to save in ${HOME}/{deltas}, but I'm
> against it...  (joking!).

Hehe :-)

I`m slowly budging under the pressure you folks present me with, and
the understanding of wrongness of this idea is slowly filling me...
(not joking!)

> My main concern is that your proposal fills the home directory with
> visible cruft, and you suggest that you might want more than one
> "standard" directory.  I'd suggest that you collect all of the
> directories into a single sub-directory, and then the location
> configurable with a reasonable default.  For instance,
>
> ${HOME}/[.arch|.tlator|.whatever]/
>       {deltas}/
>       {srctrees}/

The rest of my deteriorating point suggest me to remind that the
central part of it was to store the deltas in a _shareable_ _standard_
directory!