mkpatch bug caught during integration (was Re: [Gnu-arch-users] (no subj

From: Tom Lord
Subject: mkpatch bug caught during integration (was Re: [Gnu-arch-users] (no subject))
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:14:49 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Robert Anderson" <address@hidden>

    > >Somewhere in there, mkpatch breaks.   I haven't tracked down
    > where yet
    > >-- I only know that the burn-in test fails when patch complains
    > about
    > >getting nothing but garbage on input.

    > Woo-hoo!

    > (assuming you're talking about the mkpatch/dopatch tests we wrote
    > way back when.)

You know it, man.

It went just like it should:  I'm reviewing this patch and thinking:
"Hmm.. looks perfectly innocent and useful.  But it _does_ change
mkpatch.   Better double check...."

Failed on something like the 3rd iteration.

(And, again -- probably it's a really trivial bug;  I just haven't had
a chance to search for it yet.)