Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [semi-OT] Unicode / han unification

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [semi-OT] Unicode / han unification
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:24:42 +1100

    Tom> How's xterm doing, these days?  And if these principles
    Tom> aren't lived up to -- since he's been quite active in the
    Tom> free software community including xterm -- perhaps we should
    Tom> formulate some questions for Markus Kuhn.  Let's (try to)
    Tom> drag in the experts if we have too :-)

On my Debian system I have:

--- cut ---
       uxterm - terminal emulator for X, with Unicode support

SYNOPSIS
       uxterm [ xterm-options ]

DESCRIPTION
       uxterm is a wrapper around the xterm(1) program that invokes
       the latter program with the "UXTerm" X resource class set.  All
       arguments to uxterm are passed to xterm without processing; the
       -class and -u8 options should not be specified because they are
       used by the wrapper.  See the xterm manual page for more
       information on xterm-options.

SEE ALSO
       xterm(1)

Debian GNU/Linux                                 11 Sep 2001
                    uxterm(1)

uxterm appears to be just a wrapper that sets LC_ALL LC_CTYPE LANG and
passes the -u8 flag.

I don't know how well this works, I only know English.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>