Re: --keep-signatures flag (was Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Pull / Push based M

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: --keep-signatures flag (was Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Pull / Push based Mirror)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:16:03 -0800

On Feb 23, 2004, at 13:04, John F Meinel Jr wrote:

I believe I understand what you are saying. Basically your "swap-mirrors" command just changes where the ~/.arch-params/=locations points to so that you can switch from RO to RW (because you checkout locally RO, and checkin remotely RW). I think that you are definitely one that could benefit from the write-through mirrors. I think -SOURCE style mirrors should probably default to write-through.

Yes, I believe write-through would obsolete my swap-mirrors script, especially since it's coupled with a hook that triggers a mirror of every commit against my main archive back to the local system.

Also, the issue with signing is that I _don't_ want to sign a mirror. I want to keep the original signature. ~/.arch-params/signing/=default is the _default_ way to sign an archive. To copy signatures you need to tell the local archive what signatures you want, and that means modifying the ~/.arch-params/signing/<archive> file. I'm just asking for an argument to make-archive that creates that file and fills it out correctly for you.

Ohh, read that one wrong. It almost seems like a signed mirror of a signed archive should just copy the signatures unless it's got some specific instruction telling it to do otherwise. It seems that people have different views on the purpose of signing a mirror, though.

--
Dustin Sallings