Re: [Gnu-arch-users] subversion vs. cvs (vs. arch) over on pgsql-hackers

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] subversion vs. cvs (vs. arch) over on pgsql-hackers
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:21:27 -0800

On Mar 25, 2004, at 16:28, James Blackwell wrote:

Though you don't hear about it much, centralized support is built right
into arch. Just have everybody commit to the same archive. Everything
will just work.

I use this when working with people on web-based projects. Because of
the nature of the beast, web based projects demand centralized
development. Arch works absolutely *great*.

That's kind of a difficult thing to get started on. It's hard to say things like, ``you won't want to do it that way,'' which is probably the right answer. I like to just say that it supports a centralized development and let people figure out what to do with it after they get started.

I mean, a web project can be just as decentralized as anything else. CVS will get you fairly focused on one way to do things, though.

--
Dustin Sallings