[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: 31 May 2004 22:15:23 -0400

> FWIW, I edit both Root (to toggle a tree from r/o anon pserver to r/w
> ext) and Repository (to change absolute paths to `cat Root`-relative)
> all the time.

Editing Root, I understand, but Repository should only need to be turned
from absolute to relative once and for all on a few rare old sandboxes:
CVS has been using relative filenames in Repository for a long time now (and
it has always worked with relative filenames, even way back in the days
when it generated Repository files with absolute filenames).

        Stefan "who prefers .arch to {arch}"