Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Conflicts in .arch-ids

From: Catalin Marinas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Conflicts in .arch-ids
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:39:15 +0100

Thanks for your reply.

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 12:42, Miles Bader wrote:
> If there are other files which are problematic (that you add to your branch
> first, but which you don't have control over the contents of, and so can't
> easily add a tagline to the official kernel file),

This is what usually happens, I add patches from other branches until
they make their way into the main kernel. Adding a tagline is not really
an option for these files.

> you could just make sure
> to manually run "tla add" on those files when they show up in the kernel
> patch, before you run tla-update-ids.

But "tla add" creates a new id in linux--mainline--2.6, which is
different from the id in linux--cm--2.6. How is this different from
tla-update-ids?

> [If this happens _often_ then I'd
> guess some sort of scripting solution is called for, which would do a quick
> check to see if new files already exist in another branch, and copy the id if
> so]

This would probably be the solution for files I do not control.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Catalin