Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ATTENTION PLEASE] standards process

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [ATTENTION PLEASE] standards process
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:27:48 -0400

/me hugs ddaa and asuffield in a kind, manly sort of way.

I know you're both nice guys. There's something really bothering one of
you two if you're not getting along. Lets all take a step back, calm
down, and remember that here we act like professionals. That way nobody
takes things personally, and nobody gets the mistaken impression that we
fight like kids. :)

>> > PEP is a different process than SRFI.

So what? According to their parent companies, dial and irish spring are
different, but as far as I can tell, they both do a reasonably good job
of removing the smell of my armpits. :)

Rather than go back and forth about whether this process is the same or
different from that process, why don't we discuss the merits and
drawbacks of having a (any) process first.

If we come to agreement on that, and the agreement happens to be
"review process good", then we can come up with a handful of various
existing processes, pick them apart for their successes and failures,
and implement an amalgum of the best features of each.