Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: s/GMT/UTC/

From: Phil Frost
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: s/GMT/UTC/
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:12:21 -0400

The issue as i see it is not the accuracy of the value of the dates, but
which of "GMT" or "UTC" is correct. In previous posts I have asserted
that any clock set to a modern time source such as NTP, WWV, or other
civil time service is set to UTC, not GMT. The difference between UTC
and GMT will never be more than 0.9s, but I believe there is still some
value in labeling the time with the correct timescale simply for the
sake of being correct.