Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option argu

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option argument
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:15:57 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Yann Droneaud <address@hidden>

    > '--' is use as command line switch, so it's not transparent and don't
    > follow POSIX behavor.

    [....]

    > This make tla behave differently than other GNU tools .

The posix standards are mosty a record of historic accidents with some
never-fully-done thoughts on cleaning them up.

The GNU conventions are mostly some thoughts on cleaning up tradition
by layering on something fancier, but those thoughts were never fully
developed either, afaict.

Perhaps this is an argument that no such standards are needed and/or
possible but I'm far from convinced of that.