Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option argument
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:37:15 -0400

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 11:49:37PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:

> Either you describe a non-POSIX mandatory "--" behaviour, or you
> miss the conflicts between arch names and file names. Please reread
> the thread.

I think he's suggesting that in the case e.g. of commit, the first
argument always be the revision and the following always be the files.

Then the '--' is a no-op in the current syntax, because it's just
separating two otherwise normal arguments.

Unfortunately, I use files a lot more than I use revisions (as would
most people using 'commit', I think), so this ends up being pretty
darn awkward.