Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] tla dosen't handle '--' as end of option argument
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:35:53 -0400

> Either you describe a non-POSIX mandatory "--" behaviour, or you miss the
> conflicts between arch names and file names.  Please reread the thread.

I've read the thread just fine, thank you.
We just disagree on the meaning of conflict.
I care about conflicts between the two forms of `--' only in the cases where
they are both needed, not in the cases where they can both be used (but one
of the two is unnecessary).

The only place where a POSIX `--' could be needed on a tla command line
is before a list of file names, and when used at that spot, it behaves just
the same as the tla `--'.  I.e. no conflict AFAImC.

        Stefan