[Gnu-arch-users] .listing files

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] .listing files
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:30:50 +1000

Please flame me down if this is deserving of such:

1) What is the overhead of .listing files creation?

2) If it is not significant, and given in my mind that http is the most
common form of sharing files, with less "fear factor" for people to set
up a web server than something else, would it make sense to have _not_
making .listing files be an archive creation option, and including
.listing it by default?

It's only "a couple of commands" to add this, but
<exaggeration>everything</> in tla seems to be "just a couple (or few)
extra commands".

So, actually I guess my real question is: how to grease tla so that
newbie usage is "click me stupid" simple.

And from what I've heard, it sounds like tla 2.x is likely just the
place for said greasing.

:)

cheers
zen

--
Homepage: http://www.soulsound.net/
Please respect the confidentiality of this email as sensibly warranted.