Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tlacontrib contribution: Alternative to .listing fi

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tlacontrib contribution: Alternative to .listing files
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:08:51 -0500

Jan Hudec wrote:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 13:36:02 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:

Few days ago it was suggested, that to avoid problems with stale
.listing files, the archive could be accessed via a cgi script, that
would create them on the fly and just cat everything else. So, here is
such a script:

Cool. Does this work with multiple archives, that is, can I put it into a
directory where multiple archives reside and then tell arch to access the
archives as
http://uri-to-archives/address@hidden/

?

Yes, you can. It really does equivaltent of:

if expr $query_string : '.*\.listing$'; then
    ls ${query_string%.listing}
else
    cat ${query_string}
fi

but it's in C, so it is faster and more secure.

[...]

I'm curious. Do you do a lot of safety checking on the input URL?
Meaning if I went to the archive and did this:

http://uri-to-archives/address@hidden/../../../../.listing

I'm not going to get the "root" listing, right?

Otherwise this seems like a very good thing.

John
=:->