[Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to list

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to list
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:40:36 +1000

As a little request: can people please attempt to follow "standard" list
etiquette, and reply-to-list rather than reply-all.

With Evolution, I find I regularly have to just reply, and change the
recipient to the list, since reply-all so rarely results in the list
address coming up in the "To:" field.

However, I'm almost at the point of just hitting reply-all, because I'm
getting really tired of deleting duplicates and making an effort that I
would guess goes largely unnoticed. It is time consuming to make that
effort, and it seems most others don't.

If anyone has suggestions on what we can collectively do to reduce this
effort, that would of course be appreciated.

TIA
Zen