Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: finding answers quickly

From: William Dode
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: finding answers quickly
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:41:28 +0200

Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 16:05, Miles Bader wrote:
>> Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:
>> > BTW, if someone does start a move-it-into-docbook or similar effort,
>> > please post to the list first (obviously).
>>
>> I'm all for nice documentation, but please, god, not docbook.
>
> Rather than wave hands, please provide alternatives, and rationale.

Have a look at http://docutils.sf.net, i use it to translate the
tutorial in french. It can generate pdf, html, latex, and even
docbook. But the source text is readable and easy to use.

The french pages are here : http://flibuste.net/libre/tlafr
All the pages in html : http://flibuste.net/libre/tlafr/integrale.html
in docutils http://flibuste.net/libre/tlafr/__integrale.rst
in pdf http://flibuste.net/libre/tlafr/integrale.pdf

The help pages in rst :
http://flibuste.net/libre/tlarefexport/__refmanual.rst

I convert the help pages in a lot of format (html, pdf, rst, texinfo),
but not docbook, if you can do it, my script is here
http://flibuste.net/libre/tlarefexport

Hope to help...

--
William Dodé - http://flibuste.net