Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Bazaar 1.0.1 release

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Bazaar 1.0.1 release
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 04:36:47 +1100

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 10:59 -0600, John A Meinel wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> How does someone build a specific release of bazaar? I did a
> tla get dists--bazaar--0
> And then built the bazaar-devo.cfg, but it built the 1.1 version. I
> looked at the logs, and switched to
> tla get dists--bazaar--0--patch-1
> Since that still has bazaar-devo.cfg as using bazaar--devo--1.0

there should be a releases subdir already, with a snapped config for
1.0.

> But when I went to build it, I got some complaint about libneon and xml,
> I don't really remember, it was yesterday.

Right, so baz requires libneons development libraries be installed on
your system. (libneon has had many security holes, and updating the
bundled one in the baz code was just a nuisance, and folk could
accidentally build insecure binaries far too easily.

> I wanted to get the 1.0.1 version of bazaar, but as far as I can tell,
> you don't keep old configurations around. I would like to see a
> bazaar-rel-1.0.1.cfg. And keep one around for every released version.
> You can even keep them in a sub-directory like releases if you feel it
> makes things ugly to keep them around.

Thats a good point, I'll snap one for 1.0.1 tomorrow, and each point
release thereafter.

Cheers,
Rob