[Gnu-arch-users] replaying patches

From: Christian von Kietzell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] replaying patches
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:17:49 +0100

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for the following problem...

Suppose I've got a version called 'import--main--0.1'. At one time I
branched off 'import--heilbronn--0.1'.
I made some changes to the branch. I have now decided it makes no
sense to keep those in a separate branch. I rather want to use a build
option to generate the two different binaries, and therefore merge the
branch back into 'main'.
Now, the branch consists of four changesets, all of which will
probably apply cleanly. The problem is that the first changeset will
overwrite some code I want to keep. But I want the code from the
branch in there, too, so that I can choose at build time.

So what I'd like to do now is make tla think the changeset has already
been applied, copy the code into the main branch, and then replay the
remaining patches (or use star-merge).
Is this possible? Can I just add a patch log for this revision to the
main branch, an empty changeset, so to speak? Or is there a better way
to go about this?

Cheers,
  Christian