Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees

From: Catalin Marinas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch performance with large trees
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 08:27:41 +0000

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
> BK does come with a tool to make it easy to detect renamed files in
> patches and change them into proper renames, and Linus does use  at
> least some of the time -- I've submitted a normal patch containing a
> renamed file represented as big delete + a big add, and iin the
> resulting BK changeset, it showed up as a real rename.

I tried to look at the changesets since 2.6.9 and only a few renames
were actually shown as renames by linux.bkbits.net. The rest showed up
as big deletes + big adds. It is also possible that the rename is
actually shown by the bk tool but not on bkbits.net. This would leave
us with only the option of detecting renames the way tla-cvs-sync
does. I will have a look at this.

Catalin