Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Why does tla/baz library-revision access so m

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [BUG] Why does tla/baz library-revision access so many files ?
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 15:40:45 -0500

Matthieu Moy wrote:

I found

 tla library-revisions --summary --date --creator

deadly slow for what it does, so, I played a bit with strace. It seems
it does a full inventory of each revision in the tree.

At least, the strace is full of

open("./path/to/dir/.arch-ids/file.id", O_RDONLY) = 4

Isn't it supposed to read only the log file for each revision? Seems
to be a bug... (verified at least for bazaar and tla 1.2)

I'm guessing that it is doing an inventory check to make sure that the
revisions have not been corrupted. You could certainly argue that this
isn't needed, or at least should be an option.

John
=:->