[Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz, --full option, revision lists: What's the best

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: baz, --full option, revision lists: What's the best behavior?
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:03:39 +0200

Mikhael Goikhman <address@hidden> writes:

> And it would be nice to have "missing --desc" shortcut for
> consistency, that should often eliminate the need for the pipe
> above.

In address@hidden/bazaar--revision-list--1.4, the -l,
--complete-log actually does the equivalent of what "baz missing | baz
cat-archive-log" could do, except that it adds a "N chars" before the
log to make the output unambiguous and easy to parse, and that it's
much faster since it uses only one connection to the archive to get
all the log files.

That being said, I'll add a --desc option to all commands outputing
revision lists.

> I think "missing" may default to short names, since it only works on one
> version. Commands that may print more than one version are different.

Since some commands display more than one version, the best way to be
consistant would be to have --full by default everywhere. Another
issue with this short format is that many commands currently limited
to one version, but could be extended to be able to follow history and
display several version names.

--
Matthieu