Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla suggestions

From: John Arbash Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla suggestions
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:00:47 -0500

Matthieu Moy wrote:

>Cameron Patrick <address@hidden> writes:

>>I tried putting it in the
>>background but that was racey (or at least used to be) if two tla/baz
>>processes are trying to write the same revision to the library at once :-(
>>

>This happens only "if" two baz process successfully commit the same
>revision, which is unlikely to happen ;-).
>
>(but, isn't library-add supposed to be transactional?)

As far as I can tell library-add is transactional. But especially for
large projects doing:
baz commit -s "blah"
baz status <= new entry hasn't built yet, by the time it finishes, it
exists, and gets a conflict
baz status <= this time it works.

It's more of a pain than anything.
The hook stuff works, but it would be nice to re-use the changeset that
you just uploaded, rather than having to download it again.

John
=:->