Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help

From: Michael Poole
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] clean up tla help
Date: 16 Jan 2006 15:40:03 -0500

Alfred M. Szmidt writes:

>    baz got rid of archive-setup, make-category, make-branch and
>    make-version by making archive-setup setups implicit in the
>    operations that create base-0 or version-0 revisions.  I could go
>    on and on, but it's clear that you have never compared "tla help"
>    to "baz help", much less looked for commands that have different
>    default behavior.  Why not actually do some looking instead of
>    mindlessly bashing it?
>
> And it seems that you haven't read anything I wrote.  Removing a
> couple commands is not improving the UI in a significant way, and it
> would do you good if you stoped pretending that I havn't used baz.
>
> Once again, the changes in baz are minor when it comes to the UI.

Repetition of that claim is not convincing when people point out baz's
systematic simplification and normalization of commands, the addition
of helper commands like "annotate", et cetera.  What would qualify as
a "significant" change?  Would baz have to be rewritten as a GUI?
Would its CLI have to be changed so thoroughly that it is alien to
anyone who has used revision control tools?

Michael Poole