gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] version 2.0

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] version 2.0
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:42:47 -0700

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 01:13:01PM +1000, Raif S. Naffah wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:37 am, Casey Marshall wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 08:45:30AM +1000, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> > > this is the list of TODOs i propose to finalise before releasing
> > > version 2.0 of the library:
> > >
> > > * finalise the documentation: javadoc html pages, info and pdf -
> > > cm, rsn
> >
> > Probably a version of the manual available from the home page.
>
> yes definetly.
>

> anybody knows/uses the Bouvard & Pecuchet javadoc browser
> <http://web.tiscali.it/farello/bp/intro.html>?
>

> > What formats should be kept there?
>
> pdf for sure.  may be tex and dvi?  i'm discounting html because the
> javadoc html output seems more functional.

Agreed. I think PDF and PostScript (probably gzipped) would be the most
useful.

> > > * implement Diffie-Hellman key agreement - fs
> > > * implement and retrofit Properties - cm
> > > * implement HAVAL hash - rsn
> > > * implement CAST-128 - rsn
> > > * support kissme as java interpreter - ???
> > > * support jikes-rvm as java interpreter - ???
> >
> > I don't know if you mean at the configure step, but I think that
> > eventually we should use a better way of specifying compilers and
> > interpreters.
>
> i meant at configure time, similar to the way we currently handle
> bytecode compilers.
>

> > There are some Java-specific m4 macros floating around, which (for
> > example) allow compilers to be specified in environment variables,
> > similar to the way you can say "./configure CC=gcc" &c.
>
> if somebody has already done that work, we dont need to re-invent the
> wheel.  any specific urls?

<http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive/htmldoc/index.html#JAVA_SUPPORT>

I use some slightly modified versions of these in new autoconf setups,
and have found that they work pretty well.

- --
Casey Marshall || address@hidden