gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] Proposal for a small build-system change

From: Morgon Kanter
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] Proposal for a small build-system change
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:01:50 -0400

I took a further look at the build system of GNU Crypto. What I proposed
won't entirely work, because we want certain things to be overwritten
(see the comments in the top of the init.sh files).

> that's why we do it outside.  this way one can safely rm -rf * in that
> directory and run an init.sh and start again.

I see.

> wouldnt be as easy to have a debian-specific init.sh that copies
> whatever is needed to a destination directory, with whatever files are
> required, and do the lot there?
>
> i'm interested in hearing Casey's opinion too, since he'll be confronted
> (may be) with a similar situation for Gentoo.

I saw what the Debian package for the program "thy" does (which is
something what we want to do here). Using that, we can do it with
the existing build system no problem (as in, I spoke too soon.)

Morgon
--
"Man is the only creature capable of hating itself" -- Governor of Japan
in The End of Evangelion