gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] build problems

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] build problems
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:47:42 -0700

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony Green <address@hidden> writes:

Anthony> On Sun, 2004-05-30 at 11:20, Casey Marshall wrote:
>> Yeah, the gcj-friendly makefiles haven't been updated for all the
>> changes I've made in the sources, so it is unlikely to work. I will
>> probably update these this weekend.

Anthony> Hi Casey,

Anthony>        I see you've made a bunch of changes this weekend, but
Anthony> I'm still finding build problems.  This is with autoconf 2.59
Anthony> and automake 1.7.9.

Anthony> $ ./autogen.sh *** Warning: Will invoke 'configure' with no
Anthony> arguments.  If any are required, append them to the
Anthony> ./autogen.sh command line.

You actually shouldn't use autogen.sh for the GCJ build. This is the
one case where I keep generated files in CVS, since this part has been
historically difficult to update. I'm also working on a HACKING
document for the GCJ build.

For now, this should work, assuming you're in the gnu-crypto dir:

  $ mkdir build-gcj
  $ cd build-gcj
  $ ../gcj/init.sh
  $ ./configure [...]
  $ make

Let me know if this doesn't work, since I may have forgotten to commit
something to CVS.

One other thing is that you have to use GCJ 3.4.0 (or later) for a CVS
build (some libgcj API improvements, mostly in java.security.cert). I
haven't tried GCC CVS yet.

--
Casey Marshall || address@hidden