Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola GNU/Linux-Libre last chance comments

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Hyperbola GNU/Linux-Libre last chance comments
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 12:42:51 -0500

i hope my last message did not translate as a complaint - this is all
good news

i could have been more clear - i meant most non-technical,
casual desktop/web-browsing users - i was considering only dragora2 in
that instance because it is the stable release; presuming that
a stable distro is ideal for non-technical users and "everyday" use,
and based on my experience that most non-technical users of FSDG distros
want the core system libraries to be 2 years old at most, because it
often requires using an outdated version of some favorite programs -
that is why many people use a rolling distro, even though they would
have less trouble with an LTS distro

On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 19:20:50 -0300 Matias wrote:
> What is "rolling" and what is "LTS"?.

the rolling/LTS distinction is one of the few important or
noticeable features of any distro for non-technical users when changing
distros - there is a helpful article on the parabola wiki
--> https://wiki.parabola.nu/Rolling_vs._LTS