Something about Less General Public License

From: Claude Yih
Subject: Something about Less General Public License
Date: 22 Jun 2006 05:54:21 -0700

Hi, everyone. I don't know if it is right to discuss things about LGPL
in this group. However, it seems that there is no particularly
LGPL-oriented group, so I have to post this message here. Please
forgive my boldness.

Our group is developing a library which contains some source code
belongs to a library that is distributed under the terms of Less
General Public License 2.1. Of course, we know that we should
distribute our library under LGPL too. However, in our library, it is
dynamically linked with a shared library not covered by LGPL (this
part is not the one belongts to the library covered by LGPL). But for
some reason, it is impossible for us to distribute that shared library
under LGPL as well. Our question is that if we distributed our library
(binary and source code)   under the terms of  Less General Public
License without providing the shared library together, would our
activity be a violation of Less General Public License?

Please help us with the question above. Your kindness will be
appreciated. Thanks:)