Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- "A telling admission" by Aaron Will

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: SFLC's GPL court enforcement -- "A telling admission" by Aaron Williamson (AW1337)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:14:55 +0200

Alexander Terekhov wrote:

> Extreme Networks' offer regarding GPL'd stuff:
>
> http://www.extremenetworks.com/services/osl-exos.aspx
>
> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> >
> > Yet another complaint.
> >
> > http://www.softwarefreedom.org/news/2008/jul/21/busybox/extreme-networks.pdf

The piece of shit above is signed

-----
  Respectfully submitted,
  SOFTWARE FREEDOM LAW CENTER, INC.
  By:
  Aaron K. Williamson (AW1337)
-----

It appears that someone named "Aaron Williamson" has a domain*** and a
blog:

http://www.copiesofcopies.org
http://www.copiesofcopies.org/webl/
http://www.copiesofcopies.org/webl/?page_id=2

-----
copiesofcopies :: webl

Aaron Williamson gives you what-for.

About

This is the personal webl of Aaron Williamson, and it isn’t legal
advice.

Q: What is a “webl”?

A: It is a convenient abbreviation of the term “weblog.”
-----

Now, this is really interesting entry:

-----
A telling admission

May 28th, 2008

Today I was admitted to practice before the District Court for the
Southern District of New York and assigned my requested attorney bar
code: AW1337. I will be pwning n00bs briefly, meaning both “in the near
future” and “by virtue of briefs, which are things that lawyers file.”

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 at 3:53 am and is
filed under i am a lawyer.
-----

I just wonder how long will it take until some GPL defendant decides
that "enough is enough" and initiates disbarrment of the entire SFLC
gang including Aaron K. Williamson (AW1337).

> > Now, this is interesting:
> >
> > ------
> > 17. On March 12, 2008, through their counsel, Plaintiffs sent Defendant
> > their requirements for settling the dispute, which included that
> > Defendant: comply with the License; appoint an Open Source Compliance
> > Officer; notify prior recipients of infinging products of their rights
> > under the License; and compensate Plaintiffs.
> >
> > 18. On June 25, 2008, after a series of communications between the
> > parties regarding other of Plaintiffs’ requirements for settlement,
> > Defendant refused to compensate Plaintiffs.
> >
> > 19. On June 26, 2008, through their counsel, Plaintiffs again notified
> > Defendant that its continued distribution of the Program was in
> > violation of the License and an infringement of Plaintiffs’ copyrights.
> > Plaintiffs’ counsel requested a call to discuss the matter further.
> >
> > 20. Defendant has not responded to Plaintiff’s June 26 notice, and
> > continues to distribute the Infringing Products and Firmware in
> > violation of Plaintiffs’ exclusive rights under the Copyright Act.
> > ------
> >
> > <chuckles>

regards,
alexander.

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)

***) Whois Record

Domain ID:D149411650-LROR
Domain Name:COPIESOFCOPIES.ORG
Created On:15-Oct-2007 16:23:39 UTC
Last Updated On:09-Apr-2008 00:24:25 UTC
Expiration Date:15-Oct-2010 16:23:39 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Status:OK
Registrant ID:GODA-038672170
Registrant Name:Aaron Williamson
Registrant Street1:460 15th St.