[Gnu-music-discuss] Re: american chords [Was: lilypond and cygwin]

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: [Gnu-music-discuss] Re: american chords [Was: lilypond and cygwin]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:12:30 +0200

On Monday, 11 September 2000, "James Hammons" writes:

> However (and you knew this was coming), the american chords weren't coming
> out correctly (*some* of my changes made it in, but not all)...  So I've
> attached an updated chord-names.scm and american-chords.ly.  I know I've

Ok, thanks.  Please send a diff -u next time.

> said this many times before, but the reason that there are duplicate chord
> entries in the american section is that certain chord suffixes *should not*
> be superscripted.

Ok.  I can't imagine having seen steps in chords not being superscripted,
like the 6 here

    +        (((0 . 0) (2 . 0) (4 . 0) (5 . 0)) . ("maj6"))
    +        (((0 . 0) (2 . -1) (4 . 0) (5 . 0)) . ("m6"))

but I'm no chord guru, I'll just put it in.

> Also, I put in a fix into chord-names.scm to prevent the
> accidentals sitting next to a chord name from being too big
> (american-chords.ly has been changed to test this, as well as an additional
> ninth chord).

Ok.

> Also, do chordNameWordSpace and textScriptWordSpace work anymore?  They used
> to work, but now I think they're broken.  If you look at the distance
> between the Cm(maj7) and the Cm7 chord symbols in american-chords.ly, there
> isn't any space even though it's specified in the \paper block...

These are still used, but text spacing is currently broken.
Look at the regression test: context with barengraver added.

Greetings,
Jan.