Re: Professional ???

From: Werner Icking
Subject: Re: Professional ???
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:56:56 +0100 (MET)

> From: rxf <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 00:07:05 +0100

> I am a composer of contemporary music (it's my job)
>
> How about an professional use of TeX for Music ? [...]
> In fact, does music with Tex is just for fun or serious ??

[too many "?" :-]

Have a look at e.g. http://www.gmd.de/Misc/Music/scores/ to see
the results of serious fun. Most editions there are made using
TeX.

[...]
> (I am tied of Final / I don't need midi things / I need to print exactly
> what I want / etc ...).

Why not use an appropriate tool doing what you need?

-- Werner

PS: Like most serious professional writers don't typeset their books
    itself a lot of serious professional composers don't typeset their
    compositions but use the help of professionals without thinking
    about whether these professional use TeX or something else as tool.