tab and staves

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: tab and staves
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 10:08:49 -0500

"""""""""""""""""""""""Tim Nelson:
>         Ok, here's something interesting -- sometimes I receive a MIDI file
> which contains only a piano part, and the part is all on the one track.  I
> like to separate the tracks so I can print them.  Sometimes, I can tell just
> by looking and listening which note belongs with which hand, even though it
> looks like it could belong to either.  However, a program would need some
> clever rules to work this out; it's probably not worth the hassle of building
> into lily :).
Very good Tim! I couldn't, and didn't, say it better myself.

And what if the clever rules *almost* did it exactly right, and you
would have to be a guru to fix it because it was the clever rules or
nothing?

Or how about if the rules were in a macro that typed the new parts into
the .ly file so that you just had to move a few notes at best or not use
it at worst?

I am sending this to the list, without even asking you. Shame on me. :-)