ties in chords

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: ties in chords
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:28:50 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> I want to perform a LilyPont export in "Noteedit":
>
>   http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html
>
> But a have some serious problems with chords and/or slurs/ties.
> I work with Lilypond version 1.3.108 (perhaos this is the reason).
> The problem is: I have ties between chords but not between every note
> of two subsequent chords.

You're looking for ties, which are made with ~. See

http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Tie.html

> Furthermore: I must set the "\stemUp". Otherwise LilyPond
> produces 2 stems: one stem up and the second stem down (perhaps
> because the c5 is higher than the 3rd line).

this is documented in the reference manual. See

http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Default-contexts.html

> And still a question: I can't see the system here:

See
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen/lilypond/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Relative.html