Conditionals

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Conditionals
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:19:29 +0200

Hi folks!
We really need default-types to be set on a conditional basis.
Like automatically moving bar-numbers upwards when the score starts with
a staff-group/choir-staff.
Like only attaching Volta_engraver to first staff.
Like setting different stem-attachement-angles on different note-heads,
center-stem on mensural note-head.
Like not heriting instrument-names to staffs when setting piano-staff
instrument-name.

How much will it take to implement it? Some of it?
I really mean it. - This is the WORST thing about lily at the moment. If
you look at mutopia you see that practically none of the contributions
have their repeat-voltas set correctly.

I feel like that if you accept some minor errors in your score, then
using lily is soo easy - soooo easy - but if you want those tiny things
to get correct then you have to work with strange engravers, contexts,
translators and stuff.

-Rune