[Newbie]postioning text

From: Matthew Krause
Subject: [Newbie]postioning text
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:53:32 -0400

I'm trying to print some text above a note on a staff. Normally, this
wouldn't be a problem; I'd just use a2^"adagio" or whatnot. Alas, the a2
in question is the a above the staff (treble clef) and it ends up
colliding with the note. I've been trying to raise the text with the
aptly named raise(..) command, but I can't seem to make it raise the
text enough.

How can I go about doing this? Can the raise command be used here or
should I try to come up with some sort of devious hack?

Thanks in advance,
Matthew Krause