Re: suggestions for new features (wishlist)

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: suggestions for new features (wishlist)
Date: 08 Aug 2001 12:22:25 +0200

  Peter> automatic finger numbering.  depending on the instrument,
  Peter> this might be able to guess which fingers go on which notes
  Peter> and add them to the .ly file.  a lot of times this is done on
  Peter> piano music and can be quite tedious.  of course that leads
  Peter> to the question of whether finger numbering can be
  Peter> algorithmically determined or is more of an art.

I would love hat for the trumpet. And it would not be too difficult I
think. Excepted for the alternative fingerings used to gain
speed. However, I need fingerings for my method when they are not the
usual ones so it may not be that easy :-p

--
Laurent Martelli
address@hidden              http://www.bearteam.org/~laurent/