Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: Re: RFC - GNU System Distribution
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:40:14 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Steeve" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:06 AM

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 13:52, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
If users are confused by the name "GNU", then we should unconfuse
them.  The GNU system has always been called GNU, changing it to
something else would be like changing the name of our movment, Free
Software, to something else.

And bddebian., the `we need a name` section in the wiki you mentioned in
your post is totally misleading for the reason mentioned by ams.

--
.o. A proud GNU user
..o

PS: This is insecure email. If you have problems please
ask for a secure confirmation.

Joe,

Excellent you are running GNU? Can you tell me how you did it to help me get my GNU system running?

Thanks,

Barry deFreese (aka bddebian)