Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:51:33 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 07:12:11PM +0530, arnuld wrote:
> sometimes i think there are too many people working on Fedora and too
> many on Debian and other GNU/Linu distros and here Hurd lacks
> manpower. i think people have forgotten their freedom.  Corporates are
> a virus to society and as soon as i think of these things my belief
> and will for becoming a core developer for GNU/Hurd becomes stronger.

Neither Fedora nor Debian are `companies'; Fedora is merely heavily
sponsored by RedHat, but becoming more and more independent.  Debian
never was and never will be a company or get heavily sponsored by one.

Feel free to put your energy whereever you want, but please respect
other Free Software projects along the way.

"No other topic of discussion in our circles has matched even a fraction
of the gravity and profundity of this observation.  I appreciate it
                -- Roland McGrath