Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:36:23 +0200 (CEST)

       Marcus said this for Hurd/L4 at the start, Hurd-NG is a
       completely different beast and completely different.

   Marcus told me this week that some low-level parts of the Hurd need
   to be redesigned for Hurd-NG, but lots of servers would just be
   ported.

I'd really like to see that thread, could you forward it to me?
Marcus seems to be changing things back and forth to fast for people
to follow, last time I heard anything about the topic (about a month
ago), Hurd-NG would be a complete redesign of the Hurd, discarding all
code.

Olaf, you tend to be up to par on this topic, could you elaborate?