Re: A way to boot with stowfs

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A way to boot with stowfs
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 16:41:29 +0200 (CEST)

    I think I have figured out a simple way to boot hurd with stowfs
   enabing us to use stowfs. This would solve the unionfs-exec server
   cyclic dependedency problem.

Thank you.

   We can give the comeplete path for gnumach, ld.so.1 and exec (like
   /stow/gnumach--ams--1.3pre21/boot/gnumach instead of current
   /boot/gnumach ) to grub. The only issue I forsee is need to update
   grub configuration for each of gnumach, glibc and hurd upates (the
   longer path in the conf file is a minor issue I think).

One could put something like that into /libexec/stopsystem.

   I think grub has to load unionfs (stowfs) also.

   ams, Can we try this with a stow only snapshot? I have tried it with
   your last snapshot and it works.

I don't understand.  If it works with the latest snapshot, why
wouldn't it work with another one?