Re: A GNU Distribution

From: Alex Lardner
Subject: Re: A GNU Distribution
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 23:04:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Richard Stallman wrote:

   Now that Linux-libre has been dubbed an official GNU package it
   seems to me that the GNU Operating System now has a fully
   functional kernel. Perhaps this means that there could now be an
   official release of the GNU Operating System?

Indeed, there could be.  But we still face the question of what it
would consist of, and how to develop and maintain it.  Either we would
endorse some existing free distro that uses Linux-libre, or make
another.  Both options have problems, previously discussed.

I am very uneducated in these matters, but if a "new" GNU OS were to be released, I'd love to see a newly created distro. It just feels right.

My two cents.
-Alex