Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: When can we expect a version 1.0 of the GNU Operating System?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:23:17 -0200

Em Fri, 21 Nov 2014 12:47:25 -0500
address@hidden (Alfred M. Szmidt) escreveu:

>    While all the projects you mention share the paramount goal of
>    freedom for users, all of them have other specific goals, and
>    that's why they are individual projects:
>
> They are also part of the GNU system, LibreJS is part of the GNU
> project, and Xiph is a project that both the GNU project and the FSF
> support.  But their goals are simple: make non-free software
> irrelevant in a specific domain -- which is why GNU also exists.

The GNU system exists to replace non-free operating systems.  The GNU
project exists to develop it.

> I suggest you visit the GNU web site, and read the whole section on
> philosophy (https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/), maybe that will clear
> things up for you.  As it stands, you are immensly confused what the
> GNU project and the FSF are about, what their history is and what
> their mission is.

It's hilarious how you project on others your own misunderstanding.

> To end this discussion I will quote Richard from 1983 as to why GNU
> exists at all:
>
>   I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
>   must share it with other people who like it. I cannot in good
>   conscience sign a nondisclosure agreement or a software license
>   agreement.
>
>   So that I can continue to use computers without violating my
>   principles, I have decided to put together a sufficient body of free
>   software so that I will be able to get along without any software
>   that is not free.

It's so blatantly obvious you are quoting him outside context to mean
what you want to.  We have made pretty clear and objective quotations,
that left no room for doubt, and that is what you have for us?

--
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU;