Re: GNU/Hurd port

From: ng0
Subject: Re: GNU/Hurd port
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 23:57:51 +0000

john k <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I don't know if this is the right place but I'll ask anyway.
> I suppose it's not easy for a new distribution to port a new
> kernel/architecture like gnu Mach, but it would be nice and also an advantage
> now in early development for guix to support this kernel and at
> the same time help the growth of two new amazing projects (guix package
> manager&hurd) to work together.
> Are there any plans in such an idea?
>
> --
> Sincerely, John K
> address@hidden

Yes, this is an ongoing process[0] which is pioneered by Manolis.
If you want to help it's best you ask Manolis or search the
recent public IRC logs of #guix on freenode (as far as I know
someone asked about this in the last 1.5 weeks.).
I hope this helps you a bit.

[0]:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=hurd&submit=Search!&idxname=guix-devel&max=20&result=normal&sort=score