gnuastro-devel

[task #16211] Table using ADQL to work with input tables

From: Pedram Ashofteh-Ardakani
Subject: [task #16211] Table using ADQL to work with input tables
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 16:03:38 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #1, task #16211 (project gnuastro):

= Minimal working example =

To get a minimal working example, I tried playing around with the SQLite C API
first.

I've created [https://git.sr.ht/~pedramardakani/sqlite-integration this
repository]. To try it out, you'd only need to clone and execute GNU Make:

git clone https://git.sr.ht/~pedramardakani/sqlite-integration
cd sqlite-integration
make

This will create the "main" program which takes the database as the first
argument, and the query as its second argument. For instance:

./build/main ./build/chinook.db "SELECT * FROM albums LIMIT 2;"

It will print out the results with extra debugging information.

= Next Steps =

We need to convert from/to 'gal_data_t' structure. We can use the 'gal_data_t'
column data types to create a temporary (or even permanent) database, and
execute a SQL query on it. Finally, the output can stay in SQLite3 form, or
get converted back to 'gal_data_t', and be saved in the FITS format.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16211>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/