gnuastro-devel

[bug #65255] MR: Clarify that arcsectandist is in physical kpc; other co

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [bug #65255] MR: Clarify that arcsectandist is in physical kpc; other copyedits
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 18:19:34 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug#65255 (group gnuastro):

There's nothing wrong with multiplying to get to big angles, but the physical
meaning at either small or big angles needs to be clear.

I've done a further MR at:

https://codeberg.org/boud/gnuastro/commit/29a5422eb352f289b3708c3558fda9ee454835f3

I removed the sentence about what is "rarely used", because the calculation is
accurate at both low and high redshift and small and big angles, but it's in
physical units, not comoving units. That doesn't make it inaccurate. In any
case, if someone is using computer software, they might as well do accurate
calculations when the computational overhead is small.

I also improved the angular diameter distance description a bit.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?65255>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/