Re: [open-cobol-list] feature request: EVALUATE: partial-expression

From: Thomas Biehler
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] feature request: EVALUATE: partial-expression
Date: Thu Feb 19 12:04:23 2004

On Wednesday 19. Februar 2004 18:01 William M. Klein wrote:
> No, I do NOT have a current Micro Focus compiler.  I do have access to the
> online  Language Reference - but do NOT know if it actually reflects what
> the compile does / accepts.  Have you tried the sample code with a current
> MF compiler?

Of course!
Is MF-COBOL OCDS 4.2.10  current enough for you ?
(For further version(s) see Micro-Focus Website!)
This feature requests was born from a real Application
which i am porting now.  Nothing theoretical!
It run's since many years with different MF-COBOL compilers.

I test my auto-tests which i send,  with OPEN-COBOL / MF-COBOL,
before !!! i post them to this list. I read the documentation / Standard's
before i generate a request again, and again.
I do NOT like wasting time from other community-users!
(mailinglist-readers, keisuke, others ...). That would be bad style!
I totaly agree with the Netiquette from the Newsgroup!

There are NO new arguments from you against mine.
So, i assume you give a totally OK!    :-)

But, he.  You have a MF-compiler, yes?
Not current ?!  It does not matter!
Try the test(s)!   (please before writing mails to this list)

You have access to the online Language Reference,
==> Are you followed my reference, yes ?
Have you found the relevant information ?
You have give no version number here!
Has something changed, no ?

I have long experience with MF-COBOL.
Nearly always the Documentation is correct.
 (But not the price for the runtimes !!!   :-) )

But if you do not believe the documentation,
you have to code samples and compile ....

The only problem is, if you do this,
you have much less time to posting mails :-(

But,  he the world is always unsure!

example:
Perhaps, the mails from you are a fake with your account ?

Thomas Biehler

P.S.  Sorry !!!   to all users if i was to verbose here ;-)