RE: [open-cobol-list] feature request: EVALUATE: partial-expression

From: William M. Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] feature request: EVALUATE: partial-expression
Date: Wed Feb 18 11:04:01 2004

I am NOT at all positive about this, but I *think* that the MF extension is
slightly different from the ISO 2002 Support.  As I recall - MF allows:

  Evaluate ABC >
     When "X"

While the ISO 2002 Standard would only allow

  Evaluate ABC
     When > "X"

In other words, I think that MF allows the expression to be "broken"
anywhere - while ISO 2002 REQUIRES that only the "subject" be in the
EVALUATE statement - and the rest be in the WHEN.

Bottom-Line:
  Before implementing this, one needs to "check" out the exact supported
syntax in each definition.