Re: [open-cobol-list] libcob.so.1

From: Gary Cowell
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] libcob.so.1
Date: Sun Jun 20 02:25:14 2004

--- "Pascal.Chenevas" <address@hidden>
wrote: > Hi all,

> I'm newbie in cobol programming language (and in
> english ), I'm using a debian woody distribution.
> When I whould like to compile your exemple file
> (hello.cob) :
>
> ---- hello.cob -------------------------
>        IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
>        PROGRAM-ID. hello.
>        PROCEDURE DIVISION.
>        DISPLAY "Hello World!".
>        STOP RUN.
>
> I've a compiler error :
> ../hello_world: error while loading shared
> libraries: libcob.so.1:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> This librairie had been generated when I'm compile
> open-cobol program ?
>
> Bye.
>
> Pascal

You need to locate the directory that contains your
libcob.so and add it to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environtment variable.

E.g. if libcob.so is in /usr/local/lib then you would

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

Or alter your ld.so.conf so that it looks in the
directory by default.

Or, move the libcob.so to somewhere that is in
ld.so.conf already (I'd be surprised if /usr/local/lib
wasn't searched by default, but then, I don't know
debian).

Hope it helps

Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself
http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com