[open-cobol-list] Getting the COBOL Standard (was: OpenCOBOL release 1.0

From: Bill Klein
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Getting the COBOL Standard (was: OpenCOBOL release 1.0
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:05:53 -0600

<snip>
> You are a very good fellow if you can send me the internet
> address of ANSI cobol specifications I have it some time ago but lost.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Alain <address@hidden>

I am not certain if you want the '02 or the '85 Standard (with amendments).
The ISO 2002 Standard is the current "official" version.  There is an ANSI
(sort-of - sort-of INCITS) version of it.  For a while you could get this
for free, but now you need to buy it.  The INCITS version (for $30USD) can
be obtained at:

http://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=INCITS%2fISO%2fIEC+1989-2002

you can also get the official ISO version of the same document but it is
MUCH more expensive.  Check out:

http://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?Sku=ISO/IEC%201989:2002&PageType=
0

If what you REALLY want is the '85 Standard, there are places you can still
buy it (in the ANSI online store).

  * * *

I thought that I had actually found the old "free FDIS" somewhere on the web
within the last year or so - but I can't find it now.  Others in this list
may know if it is still available.